At Khatami Law, our child custody lawyer understands the significant value you place on the relationship you have with your children. With years of experience as child custody lawyers, we know that each family’s needs are different. Whether you and the other parent of your child have never been married, you are going through divorce, or you plan to move outside the state with your child, our family law team can help you build a strong case that protects and preserves your parent-child relationship.
Benefits of Working with Khatami Law:
- Proven results: Results matter to us because we understand that the outcome of a case can affect your family and relationships in many ways. We always strive for the best possible outcome and work hard to make sure our results align with your goals.
- Communication: When we handle a case, we clearly explain all your options and carefully weigh the potential outcomes so you can make informed decisions about your future.
- Trial experience: Having litigated many cases, we bring extensive courtroom experience. Our trial attorneys are ready to take a case to court when necessary.
When It Comes to Child Custody Cases, Preparation Is Critical
We take a thorough, hands-on approach to building strong child custody cases. Instead of walking into a courtroom and making demands, we arrive with a well-thought-out strategy. Developing this strategy starts from the moment we sit down to discuss your case.
From the outset, we will inform you of your parental rights so you can better enforce them. After gathering all the facts, we can then gauge your options. As an experienced child custody lawyers, we start with the assumption that every case will go to trial while looking for opportunities to save you time and money by reaching a favorable settlement outside of court.
Relocation: Modifying Your Existing Child Custody Agreement
If you have primary custody of your child and wish to relocate outside your county or outside of California, there are steps you need to take to modify your existing child custody agreement.
Here are some important things you should know when relocating:
- Although you have every right to move whenever and wherever you wish, it’s important to remember that the court will decide whether your child should be allowed to move with you.
- If you and your former partner can reach an agreement regarding custody and visitation, the process can move along smoothly. However, the other parent may contest the proposed move and push for the court to determine new custody orders.
- It is important to know that under recent law, every parent has a right to have their custody determination made at trial.
Because of this, it is absolutely critical to come prepared to those proceedings with the assistance of an experienced child custody or child support lawyer. There is no better way to achieve favorable results.
Focused on Results
Regardless of the circumstances, we can step in and assist you in pursuing the most favorable custody order. When you reach out to our team, we will clearly explain your options and work towards building a strategy to protect your financial interests during divorce — whether that means reaching a settlement with your former partner or pressing the all-important issue of support with the goal of achieving favorable results.
Schedule a consultation today by calling 916.788.4445.