When facing a divorce, people turn to us with challenging questions: Who will retain custody of our children? How much will I pay or receive in child and spousal support? How long will the divorce process take? What is a Jeffries claim? There are a multitude of questions about the law, and during this emotional time in your life, it can be overwhelming. Having an experienced divorce attorney at your side is the first step to achieving an outcome that will likely affect the rest of your life.
Benefits of Working with Khatami Law:
- Results: We understand that the outcome of a case can affect your family and relationships in many ways. We always strive for the best possible outcome and work hard to make sure our results align with your goals.
- Communication: When we handle a case, we clearly explain all your options and carefully weigh the potential outcomes so you can make informed decisions about your future.
- Trial experience: Having litigated many cases, we bring extensive courtroom experience. Our trial attorneys are ready to take a case to court when necessary.
At Khatami Law, we understand the emotional, financial, and professional issues facing individuals and families going through divorce and other family law disputes. That is why we take the time to sit down with you, explain the law and how it applies to your case, and work closely with you to develop a strategy. By setting clear expectations, we can better pursue the most effective and expeditious outcome in your case. Alternatively, if there are issues that must be litigated, they will be handled with an eye for your goals in mind, by an experienced Sacramento family law attorney that has extensive litigation experience in the courtroom.
Guiding You Through Your Divorce
Although the law allows for a divorce to be discharged within six months and one day from the date one party serves the other divorce papers, the reality is that a congested court system and numerous other factors can delay divorce proceedings. We can help you navigate the family law courts in the most expeditious and intelligent manner possible.
We walk you through each step of the process, including:
- Filing for divorce or legal separation
- Determining parenting time (child custody and visitation)
- Determining spousal support (alimony) and child support
- Identifying and dividing marital property and assets, including the family home, retirement accounts, debts, family-owned businesses and professional practices
- Establishing paternity
- Making modifications or carrying the enforcement of court orders
- Relocation including move-aways involving children
- Navigating a military divorce
- Resolving domestic violence matters
- Premarital agreements
- Litigation services for an existing family law matter
By checking emotions at the door and keeping things in perspective, we can help you focus on the goals that are most important. Whether sitting down to negotiate an arrangement with your spouse or going to trial, our attorneys can advise you toward the best course of action at each step of your case.
Discuss Your Options Today
Perhaps you are just now considering filing for divorce or have already been served papers by your partner. Regardless of the circumstances, our team has the experience and resources to help you make sense of your options and take meaningful action to assert and protect your interests.
Schedule a consultation with a knowledgeable attorney: Call 916.788.4445 today!
Click HERE for frequently asked questions.
Your Family Law Attorney Personalized, Determined Legal Care